The Student News Site of Elkhorn South High School

Storm Alert

Storm Alert

Storm Alert

THE POWER OF USING AN AGENDA

I think we have all felt the pressure of having so many things to do and just not enough time to get it all done. Or when you know you have stuff to get done but just can’t remember it all. I can’t even begin to express how much starting a daily agenda has changed the productivity of my life. The simple effort of jotting down a to-do list increases your chances of getting stuff done drastically.

I started using an agenda to just keep track of homework and everything school related. As someone who has always struggled with time management, being able to look at everything that I need to accomplish in a day really has helped me understand how much time I really need to set aside to prioritize getting my tasks done. It is so much easier to be able to see everything in one place: my monthly, daily, and yearly calendars; my to-do lists; as well as reminders I jot down for myself. Knowing that I have accomplished everything I need to in a day or knowing that I know what I have to accomplish in the day has reduced my stress so much and I don’t find myself feeling as overwhelmed. I always know when I have things coming up because I have it all layed out for me in a place that I check every single day.

I think starting an agenda is something that everyone should do whether you struggle with time management or not. It is nice to have a place where you can keep everything that you have upcoming organized and layed out for you, so you can accomplish everything that you need to.