The Student News Site of Elkhorn South High School

Storm Alert

Storm Alert

Storm Alert

Concert Review: Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey performs at the MIDFlorida Credit Union

Lana Del Rey Concert: This September, Lana Del Rey performed at the MIDFlorida Credit Union in Tampa, Florida. Her shows are extremely hard to get tickets to due to her popularity and the small venues she performs at.

Lana Del Rey’s album cover for “Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd” released in March of 2023
    Lana Del Rey performs at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre. Photo from the Tampa Bay times

Luckily, I got in the waiting room as soon as it opened and was able to get pretty good seats. Lana opened with “A&W” which went into “Young and Beautiful.” I think this was the perfect way to open her concert because “A&W” is a slow-paced song that was beautiful for her to walk on to. This went right into “Young and Beautiful” which is a song that everyone knows. The thing I found most interesting about this concert and what set it apart from others was the fact that she had a group of dancers that had choreography throughout her entire performance. I had never been to a concert where the dancers were just as much of the performance as the actual singing was. She had many props like a vanity where she sang “Chemtrails Over the Country Club” and it was just beautiful. She sang “Video Games” on a swing covered in flowers. This was my favorite song performance because she looked stunning on the swing and it felt magical. She sang “Young and Beautiful” again and this time had a super long veil that floated in the air behind her and it literally looked like she was something from heaven. Her whole concert and performance was truly ethereal. She closed with “Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd” and it was the absolute perfect closer because she repeated the last phrases many times with her backup dancers and additional singers crescendoing and it was just beautiful.