Steps to Reach Your Dream College

If you are a Junior or senior, you may be stressed about ACT scores, AP classes, and your GPA to meet the requirements for your ‘dream school’ or simply trying to stay on top. Whether or not, the thought of college can be very intimidating at first but in actuality, it is a fun realm to look into.
It is essential to take college into consideration and begin to take action on it. Doing college visits is a great way to take your first steps in understanding what is the best fit for you. College visits allow you to picture yourself at the college firsthand. It allows you to see if you like the campus size, the environment, the resources/facilities, the school regulations, and the city/state where the college is located.
There are many opportunities for personal questions when going on college tours and usually, tours are given by current students attending the college so they typically have some good answers on what life will be like as a student balancing workload, or honest opinions such as where their favorite library to study is or which dining hall has the best food.
When researching colleges and simply just looking at their website and pictures online, it is extremely difficult to truly understand what it would be like to live there for four or more years of your life.
College visits allow you to pay close attention to the living conditions of the state/city as a whole. Is it safe? Is it polluted? Is there a good source of public transportation? What is the cost of living? What is the sales tax? These questions are very crucial for people to imply into their thinking when really making their final decision on the perfect college for them.
It is also a good idea to notice how you will react without being close to home or vice versa. Being away from family can be very hard for a student mentally and can take a huge toll on your academics or athletics. Though for others this is the opposite and they would rather prefer to pursue living in a farther state.
With these things in mind, college is a tremendous decision that requires time and thought to make a perfect choice. Though even the thought can seem to be pressure, it is meaningful to start now by looking at options that way when it comes the time to pick you are set for a bright future.